Danny Sinksen - Director of Player Development, PGA Professional
A native of Sioux Falls, Danny Sinksen had been the PGA Head Professional at Elmwood Golf Course for the past nine seasons. He was named the Director of Player Development at Sioux Falls Golf in January of 2019. Sinksen is a graduate of Roosevelt High School where he was a member of the golf team for five seasons before playing collegiality at Missouri Southern State University. Sinksen was a four-year letter winner at MSSU and earned all-conference and academic all-conference honors all four years of his career. He received the Lion-Backer award his junior and senior seasons at MSSU for his academic and athletic excellence.
If you are interested in lessons with Danny you can contact him at email@example.com
After earning his degree in business from Missouri Southern, Danny returned to Sioux Falls and worked part time at Elmwood Golf Course while trying to pursue a playing career in golf. While earning several accolades a highlight was when he participated in the Pinnacle Exceptional Drive Contest in Laughlin, Nevada eventually finishing 3rd and landed him a spot-on ESPN. He spent the next three summers playing on the Dakotas Tour where he had several top 10 finishes and a tie for first at the Westward Ho Pro Am.
In 2008, Sinksen became an Assistant Professional at Prairie Green Golf Course and coached the Men's and Women's golf team at University of South Dakota while earning his Masters Degree in Adult Education and Higher Learning. In 2010 he became the Head Golf Professional at Elmwood Golf Course. Danny was elected to PGA Membership in 2015. Sinksen in all has spent 19 years working for the City of Sioux Falls golf courses, including eleven as a professional.
"My philosophy is to find what works for each person. Every individual learns in different ways and discovering what that may be is important to all. The basis of my instruction is to be purposeful and get the most out of the time you have at the golf course." No matter the age, Danny finds a way to connect. He's been working with The First Tee of South Dakota for the last 8 years and is currently a The First Tee Head Coach after 3 levels of education. Danny was recently named PGA Dakota Chapter "Teacher of the Year" in 2017 and won the "Player Development of the Year Award" in 2018. Danny also started coaching again at Augustana University in 2015. "I love the golf business, but to be honest my true passion lies within playing the game and teaching it. I have wanted to be a golf pro my whole life and really enjoy being around it each day.
Sioux Falls Golf and Landscapes Unlimited congratulate Danny on his achievements within the game, and for being recognized for these by the PGA of America. In addition, we are pleased to announce that beginning with the 2019 Golf Season, Danny has been promoted to the position of Director of Player Development, overseeing all instructional programs for all three Sioux Falls Golf facilities. We invite you to join us in celebrating his years of service to Sioux Falls Golf, to the community, and to the game of golf.
Notable Information on Danny Sinksen:
• Danny has been the PGA Head Golf Professional at Elmwood for nine years. He has been an employee at the Sioux Falls Golf courses since 1999.
• He is now officially a "The First Tee" Head Coach, earning this title in 2017 after three levels of training an annual testing. Danny coaches the "Eagle" program on Wednesdays at Elmwood. Elmwood is a First Tee facility with more than 800 participants annually and has had over 8000 participants since it started in 2007.
• Started the Sioux Falls Golf Academy with fellow professionals Mitch Brunick and Chad Veire currently having between 20-30 students.
• Created the Sioux Falls Golf Junior Tour in 2015 that attracts 60-80 juniors to four different events annually.
• Has hosted a local qualifier for the Drive, Chip and Putt competition four of the past five years.
• Executive Director of the Sioux Falls Men’s Golf Club that conducts over 20 golf events annually for more than 400 members.
• Started PGA Junior League team from Elmwood in 2015 and currently has two teams (20 participants) in the Sioux Falls area league.
• He won the 2017 teacher of the year award with the Dakota Chapter of the Minnesota PGA Section.
• Danny coaches the Augustana University Men’s golf team and has done so for the past four seasons. He also coached at the University of South Dakota from 2008-2010 while earning his Master's Degree in Adult Education and Higher Learning.
• PGA Member since 2015.
Danny finished tied for 6th at the 2018 Minnesota PGA Professional Championship held August 27-28 at Woodhill Country Club in Wayzata, MN. Based on his finish Danny qualified for the 2019 PGA Professional Championship being held at Belfair Golf Club in Bluffton, SC April 28 – May 1, 2019. The low 20 professionals in the championship will qualify to play in the 2019 PGA Championship being held at Bethpage Golf Club in Farmington, NY in May 2019. Danny also won the 2018 Minnesota 4 Ball Championship with partner Kyle Scanlon, who he coached at the University of South Dakota.